An open letter regarding dining out and ordering food to go from Backyard Taco during the Coronavirus Pandemic.
Dear Backyard Taco Patrons,
The safety of our guests and team members is our highest priority and we follow stringent procedures and policies with regards to cleanliness, health and sanitation. We continue to monitor the situation by adhering to the guidance of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as follow Governor Doug Ducey’s leadership as it relates to small business in Arizona.
Here are some things we are doing to combat Covid-19 and begin a new normal of social distancing. During this time, we are:
- Closing down our community Salsa Bar. Instead, a limited number of salsas will be available upon request when picking the food up.
- Pulling all silverware and napkins from the dining areas and distributing them with the food.
- Going to single use packaged silverware and napkins.
- Replacing all used cups with new cups if guests would like a refill of their beverage.
- All of our cashiers (along with ALL of our employees) will wear gloves 100% of the time.
- Instituting a policy of wiping down door handles, counter tops, tables, restrooms with sanitizer every 30 minutes (basically anywhere a guest touch point would be).
- Reinforcing stringent hand washing practices, requiring all employees to wash their hands every 30 minutes and between job tasks.
- Ensuring that tables are 6 feet away from each other.
We remain committed to doing the right thing and ultimately continue to be laser focused on the safety for our guests and our team.
Questions and Answers regarding Backyard Taco hours, services and other offers during the Covid-19 pandemic:
Q: Are all Backyard Taco locations open?
A: Yes. All three of our restaurant locations will remain open unless Governor Doug Ducey announces a change to our state’s current stance.
You can find location information, including phone numbers and addresses on our website here: https://backyardtaco.com/locations/
Q: What hours will Backyard Taco remain open?
A: Our restaurants will remain open during regular business hours, which are:
MON – THURS 10am – 10pm
FRI – SAT 10am – 11pm
SUN – CLOSED
Q: Does Backyard Taco have a drive thru?
A: Yes, two of our three locations have a drive thru available. Our original restaurant, located in North Mesa on University Drive does not include a drive thru. However, our Mesa South (on Stapley Dr.) and Gilbert (on Higley Rd.) both include a drive through option.
Q: Can I order and pickup Backyard Taco to go?
A: Yes. Please call the location of your choice to order food for pickup:
1420 S. Higley Rd.
Gilbert, AZ 85296
1633 S. Stapley Dr.
Mesa, AZ 85204
1524 E. University Dr.
Mesa, AZ 85203
Q: Can I have Backyard Taco delivered?
A: Yes. Please note that while Backyard Taco does not currently offer a delivery service, which we are working towards, you can find third party services that will pick up and deliver Backyard Taco for a fee.
A quick Google search will help you find offers from several delivery services, including: Postmates.com, Doordash.com and Grubhub.com.
Q: Does Backyard Taco offer anything special for families who can’t cook at this time?
A: Yes. Our Family Pack is a great way to feed the whole family while children are home from daycare and school.
Includes 16 Tortillas, Salsa & 1 lb meat of your choice:
Steak/Carne Asada, Chicken/Pollo, Birria or Al Pastor
Check out our full menu here: https://backyardtaco.com/menu/
If you have any other questions about how Backyard Taco is operating during this challenging time, please reach out to us here: https://backyardtaco.com/contact/
Thank you for your continued support,
The Backyard Taco Management Team